ICH

fuxs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, had an ich outbreak in my DT and moved all of my fish to a hospital tank. 1 month of copper treatment, but my yellow tang stopped eating and couldn’t swim upright so I had to move him back to my DT to figure it out whats going on with him) 1 week in DT and he does not have any white spots and I’m wondering if the ich is gone or is he immune?
yellow tang survived
(I have extra large UVC in my DT)

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like the fish does not like copper.
Since the DT was fish free for a month and you have a UV, the ich has been reduced or maybe if your lucky died off.
Fish can fight off ich if they are healthy and the outbreak is not severe. Many people "manage" it instead of eliminating it.

OP
OP
F

fuxs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like the fish does not like copper.
Since the DT was fish free for a month and you have a UV, the ich has been reduced or maybe if your lucky died off.
Fish can fight off ich if they are healthy and the outbreak is not severe. Many people "manage" it instead of eliminating it.
All right, I will give him 1 more week if I can see any signs of ich. I really wanted to eliminate it but I had to save my king. Thanks for the help

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%

Back