Ick on fish

coralcroucher05

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 8, 2021
Messages
22
Reaction score
4
Location
Chardon, Ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had 5 fish(Gobies) die from what I believe to be ick in the past two weeks.They all had white dots appear on there bodies along with respiratory difficulty. I have one gobi left and am desperately trying to keep it alive. Are there any suggestions on what to use to treat ick?
 
I have had 5 fish(Gobies) die from what I believe to be ick in the past two weeks.They all had white dots appear on there bodies along with respiratory difficulty. I have one gobi left and am desperately trying to keep it alive. Are there any suggestions on what to use to treat ick?
Hi, the two standard treatments for ich is either copper or hyposalinity, both need to be done in tanks with no invertebrates though. It’s been my experience that once fish in a group have died from ich, it is pretty difficult to get a treatment started in time to save the remaining fish.
Jay
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new