ICP advice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Hansss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
with the attached results would you really recommend to start dosing things? I'm thinking water changes would be better?

I have constantly high values of Barium. I've tried to lower it with Triton AL99, Microbelift Sili-Out2 and FM Ultra Phos, but I think Aluminium has gone up more than Barium has gone down. Any idea on action? Or were it might come from? I feed mostly freezed Mysis, Fauna Marin Soft Mix. I have Caribsea Life Rock and ATI Fiji White sand, could any of those be the source?

I have some problem with the tank looking "dirty", it's like detritus on the sand. Grey, white, brown dustlike eventhough I have plenty of flow in the tank.

The tank crashed about a year ago, most likely due to zero nitrates. Been trying to slowly recover since then. Nitrate about 5 and Phosphates around 0,05-0,1. I run balling light and Zeolight.

Attachments

• Hans Streek 361.pdf
    289.8 KB · Views: 114

Rlreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is possibly a by-product of the local water supply that you are using. Do you use a rodi system for top off and water changes?

OP
OP
H

Hansss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is possibly a by-product of the local water supply that you are using. Do you use a rodi system for top off and water changes?
I'm using a good osmosis but have been using an open container without a lid. The heating exchanger is above it... with old metal piping. Maybe a source.
I've sent in osmosis water for ICP testing twice. First time there were small amounts of barium. Second time I might have used a lid over the container, then I got readings of copper and zink. Since then I've changed the DI-filters.

Fauna Marin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Hansss

Since you are using Balling Light I would recommend to raise Trace 3 by 30% in your KH solution and
Double the amount of Trace 2 and raise Trace 1 by 15%

I wouldn't care to much about the Barium, it can leech from Zeo media. I would stick with Power Phos to lower the Alu.

Fauna Marin
Corey

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back