ICP Analysis After Water Change

Nathaniellund17

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 10, 2022
Messages
110
Reaction score
28
Location
St. Louis
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got some results back from an ICP analysis, and was hoping to get some thoughts. I tested this right after a water change with a 180 gallon display and a 70 gallon sump. I use Tropic Marin Pro Reef Salt Mix. I suppose I'm surprised by a number of the trace elements such as Sr, Cr, Fe, I, and Ni being low. Is this something I should be worried about? I'm a bit surprised by the Magnesium as that has been testing high for a while using Salifert testing. I've stopped dosing Mg, and am surprised it's still as high as it is... I imagine the Mg in the salt mix is high as well and my coral just aren't using it? Would welcome other thoughts everyone has.
 

Attachments

Do you have macroalgae? That can suck up nutrients. Dosing a supplement would help
 
Do you have macroalgae? That can suck up nutrients. Dosing a supplement would help
Thanks for the reply. Are stating the macroalgae can suck up the trace elements. I suppose my concern is that a number of trace elements are too low. I do use an algae scrubber - but have cut that down a lot as it appeared it was taking out too many nutrients.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new