ICP results trace elements

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I just received my most recent (2nd) ATI ICP test results. The tank tested really well I thought but I’m low on some trace elements.

I understand the recommended doses to get back to ideal, but how do you maintain these numbers? I see trace element additives and such, but is it worth starting a new additive that contains most of the trace stuff? Or is it better to just add them once after a test? Or do you just roll with it assuming the salt mix will add them back into the tank?

I do a weekly 10-20% water change so obviously it’s not enough. The previous test was about 4 months ago and I was low on iodine so I bought the ATI brand iodine additive and dosed it over 3 days as recommended.

88A3EE66-F3E9-42A3-AD77-77273ED47A0D.jpeg

OP
OP
mrpontiac80

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So currently I dose 2 part. I do have all for reef but stopped using some time ago before I started 2 part. The tank is almost 2 yrs old now.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use All-For-Reef (A4R) by Tropic Marin. One product provides all of those elements, plus Alk, Calc, and Mag.
Elements don't get used up evenly, im not sure how an "all in one" product could keep up over an extended amount of time without minor trace element adjustments, and some trace elements won't get used up much at all, and I imagine will get over value before to long without monitoring them.

If your looking to keep track of trace elements they need to be added individually, as mentioned by @rtparty , reef moonshiners is a good option for that as well as some good knowledge just getting familiar with it even if you don't necessarily use RM. Ati and triton also offer a similar program for dosing individual elements.

It is claimed that trace elements oxidize at different rates with other element interactions, this is one of the reasons that all these elements are kept seperate until they are dosed to the system, even then most will oxidize rather quickly, another reason for daily supplementation.

Last edited:

czoolander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah i dont know these " all for one" dosing ideas how that works. I got my ICP results back and im high on some and low on others. So i dont want to dose what i am already high on .

I think the best way is the most expensive. Dosing everything individually so you have full control on what you are dosing

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back