Icp results

UK_NanoReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I got my results back the other day and I have a few problems. My tank is 90L softie/lps tank with 4 fish in it and I have never dosed anything but I always struggle with my phosphate and mag levels. I do a 10L water change every week and I test my salt every time before I do the water change. I don’t have much growth either I have a few zoa frags that are doing fine but never grow and spread and same with my mushrooms. No matter how hard I try I just can’t get my phosphate down to the right level and my mag is never stable. What do I do to keep everything nice and stable? Should I consider buy a dosing pump and how the hell do I get phosphate down?
B219A8C3-60D4-42B4-9186-79D0D66C50F9.png
76A94EF8-FD58-41A2-9153-4F63BC9E1726.png

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I got my results back the other day and I have a few problems. My tank is 90L softie/lps tank with 4 fish in it and I have never dosed anything but I always struggle with my phosphate and mag levels. I do a 10L water change every week and I test my salt every time before I do the water change. I don’t have much growth either I have a few zoa frags that are doing fine but never grow and spread and same with my mushrooms. No matter how hard I try I just can’t get my phosphate down to the right level and my mag is never stable. What do I do to keep everything nice and stable? Should I consider buy a dosing pump and how the hell do I get phosphate down?
Phosphorus being one of the only excessively high values can be controlled

iodine . I’d assume it would depend on the salt mix you’re using , this Should be the same value listed in the packaging for the salt ?

I’m curious where arsenic comes from …..

Rick's Reviews

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a nano tank and your first message, this is a very serious scientific matter, maybe post some pics of 'your fish in it'

OP
OP
UK_NanoReefer

UK_NanoReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phosphorus being one of the only excessively high values can be controlled

iodine . I’d assume it would depend on the salt mix you’re using , this Should be the same value listed in the packaging for the salt ?

I’m curious where arsenic comes from …..
I buy my salt water from my local lfs but when I read into the faults most common thing in them all is saltwater so I’m thinking of changing where I get it from.
679F2547-EC52-454D-AA4D-3312504292A8.png

OP
OP
UK_NanoReefer

UK_NanoReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a nano tank and your first message, this is a very serious scientific matter, maybe post some pics of 'your fish in it'
I haven’t got any pics of the fish there really hard to get pics of but I have a pair of black ice clownfish, one green chromis and a little fireball angel

LgTas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your nitrate value? I struggled with zoa growth until I upped nitrates from 0.5 ppm to +-5 ppm. Significant increase in growth rates and colour.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The magnesium levels looks close.

You will have to select a method to lower your phosphate level, GFO or lanthanum chloride.

As for growth, I would guess you have a relatively new aquarium, right? I doubt anything but algae grows rapidly in new systems.

OP
OP
UK_NanoReefer

UK_NanoReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You will have to select a method to lower your phosphate level, GFO or lanthanum chloride.

As for growth, I would guess you have a relatively new aquarium, right? I doubt anything but algae grows rapidly in new

As for growth, I would guess you have a relatively new aquarium, right? I doubt anything but algae grows rapidly in new systems.
I started the reef last January but in a smaller tank and as we all do I slowly upgraded it to biggest tank I could fit in the space I have. So iv had everything for nearly 2 years now other than this 90L which I did the tank swap about 6 months ago. I don’t have any algae problems just the usual dirty glass that I clean every other day

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worse case is that your system is behaving like a 6 month old system not a two year old system.

What was the phosphate level in the old system just before transferring contents to larger system? Just wondering if phosphate is desorbing from rocks.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is that system?
What about the other parameters?
The correct chemistry requires all the parameters in line and unchanging for months on end.
Salinity and Alk flux, what’s their net change in 24 hours.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 108 87.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back