ICP test came in: Own testing is completely off

Thomasreef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 6, 2024
Messages
41
Reaction score
11
Location
Europe
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, first post here :)

my icp test came in and some parameters are off compared to what i tested them myself

ICP:

Magnesium Mg: 1147
Calcium Ca: 342

Own testing:

Ca: 390
Magnesium: 1385

-----

i use both hanna magnesium and calcium tester + red sea calcium and magnesium tester

anyone have the same issue? It is super tiring having to constantly change my automatic dosing amount because the test is so wrong
 

Attachments

What company? I can’t open the pdf in my phone.
915D527B-E742-478B-A718-4303998076A0.jpeg
 
I use Fauna Marin for my ICP testing and have found it accurate. I have also found that Ca and Mg are sensitive to the Hanna checkers and subject to the smallest changes, showing different results.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new