ICP Test Results - Thoughts?

BRS

T-J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Here are my ICP test results. Overall, I'm pretty happy. Out of the "normal" items we would be concerned about, I don't see anything that stands out to me. I didn't realize that this test didn't include Nitrate or Alkalinity testing. I think the N-DOC test does the Nitrate (?).

Anyway, here are my results. Feel free to share your thoughts on what you would/wouldn't do. The only thing I'm considering is adding Iodine, but there's debate on if Iodine is helpful or not.
120 Pirate Reef - 04_22_2021 (B-oGnwnP)_Page_1.jpg
120 Pirate Reef - 04_22_2021 (B-oGnwnP)_Page_2.jpg
120 Pirate Reef - 04_22_2021 (B-oGnwnP)_Page_3.jpg

RAP

carmodpg

View Badges
Reaction score
I think those look really good. I think that if anything, you should add some trace elements (which includes iodine). But if things are looking good, there may be no reason to mess with anything!

karamreef117

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Looking good! are you having any issues with the tank? I would consider what carmodpg said! and try to add tracelemets through water changes rather than dosing it.

OP
T-J

T-J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Looking good! are you having any issues with the tank? I would consider what carmodpg said! and try to add tracelemets through water changes rather than dosing it.
No issues now that the Dinos are gone.
Doing water changes about every 2 weeks. I dose alk/calc. Waiting for my shipment of AB+ to arrive, so I'll be starting that again too.

karamreef117

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
No issues now that the Dinos are gone.
Doing water changes about every 2 weeks. I dose alk/calc. Waiting for my shipment of AB+ to arrive, so I'll be starting that again too.
Good stuff! Be carful with the AB+ it works wayyy to well just watch nitrates and phosphates.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting
BRS

Do you think there are benefits to turning your skimmer off for periods of time?

• YES (tell us in the thread)

Votes: 89 28.2%
  • NO

Votes: 96 30.4%
  • Maybe but not sure

Votes: 122 38.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 9 2.8%
Industrial Test Systems, Inc.