ICP Test Results - Thoughts?

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are my ICP test results. Overall, I'm pretty happy. Out of the "normal" items we would be concerned about, I don't see anything that stands out to me. I didn't realize that this test didn't include Nitrate or Alkalinity testing. I think the N-DOC test does the Nitrate (?).

Anyway, here are my results. Feel free to share your thoughts on what you would/wouldn't do. The only thing I'm considering is adding Iodine, but there's debate on if Iodine is helpful or not.
120 Pirate Reef - 04_22_2021 (B-oGnwnP)_Page_1.jpg
120 Pirate Reef - 04_22_2021 (B-oGnwnP)_Page_2.jpg
120 Pirate Reef - 04_22_2021 (B-oGnwnP)_Page_3.jpg

carmodpg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think those look really good. I think that if anything, you should add some trace elements (which includes iodine). But if things are looking good, there may be no reason to mess with anything!

karamreef117

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! are you having any issues with the tank? I would consider what carmodpg said! and try to add tracelemets through water changes rather than dosing it.

OP
OP
T-J

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! are you having any issues with the tank? I would consider what carmodpg said! and try to add tracelemets through water changes rather than dosing it.
No issues now that the Dinos are gone.
Doing water changes about every 2 weeks. I dose alk/calc. Waiting for my shipment of AB+ to arrive, so I'll be starting that again too.

karamreef117

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No issues now that the Dinos are gone.
Doing water changes about every 2 weeks. I dose alk/calc. Waiting for my shipment of AB+ to arrive, so I'll be starting that again too.
Good stuff! Be carful with the AB+ it works wayyy to well just watch nitrates and phosphates.

OP
OP
T-J

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good stuff! Be carful with the AB+ it works wayyy to well just watch nitrates and phosphates.
I used the A and B versions (before the AB+ came out) on my 40g tank and saw great results, but had to watch levels closely.
Thanks!

Back