OP
OP
kdtorgy

kdtorgy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For your eyes, get Hanna Checkers. I find them to be +/- 3% of ICP tests.

For zoas, yeah too much no3 irritating them. I dose vodka and maintain no3 at 10. You'll see a world of difference.

I've switched salt to Meersalz Pro and have been using GFO to bring phosphate down and Instant Ocean nitrate reduced to bring nitrates down. Both are trending downward but I'm trying to make slower changes instead of big changes. I've heard of vodka dosing but don't know too much about that. How do you vodka dose?

HeyLookItsCaps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also wouldn’t use the term WAY low or high on any of those ranges except magnesium, on the low end. Don’t freak out just keep diligent with water changes and work your way there.

I also suspect the angel FWIW

czoolander

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other people have suggested the flame angelfish may be the problem. I've never seen it nipping at the zoanthids, but I don't watch it 24/7 so maybe I'm missing it. Can't see anything else eating them and they looked fine for a while (aside from not being open). They were open when I first got them and have steadily closed over time.

I thought of doing all the tests with Hanna testers but with so many parameters and only 1 test at a time it would take too long (three kids in hockey) so I got the Aqua spin. All the other corals and fish are doing fine and have been for a long time so I don't think there's a serious water issue but will keep an eye on it.
Nice ! Ahhhhhhhh I remember many a day spent at the hockey rink played since I was 3 haha

I tested 7 main peramiters with my digital hanna checkers in under 30 minutes . Its not so bad definitely something to consider .

I have a coral beauty angel and I bought 5 acans over 2 years none of them survived they all died. I cant prove its my coral beauty but its highly possible its the reason as I have seen it nipping at them a few times.
But I would never part with a fish over a coral .

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back