ID Help, Frammer Stalk has growths

ParticleMan

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 29, 2025
Messages
126
Reaction score
98
Location
Corona
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone give me an idea of what these small reddish tubes are that seem to be attached to the stalk/skeleton of one of my frammer heads? They just look like some type of growth, they weren't there when i placed the coral like 2 months ago. Some type of worm perhaps? The structures look hard. Thank you.

20251108_155240.jpg 20251108_155354.jpg 20251108_155304.jpg
 
So get rid of them I'm guessing. They are only one of the 4 heads so far so hopefully catching it early. I also dipped this coral before putting in the tank so that's a bummer.
 
So get rid of them I'm guessing. They are only one of the 4 heads so far so hopefully catching it early. I also dipped this coral before putting in the tank so that's a bummer.
Yeah, just scrape them off at the base.

Shouldnt hurt it too much.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new