ID help please

gabriellar

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 15, 2025
Messages
183
Reaction score
88
Location
illinois
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
i found this little thing growing on my goni's frag. It is not connected with the red goni's skeleton or skin. Just itself on the frag. Wonder what it is? Looks quite cute, any odds this is a little goni? I do have some glitter gonis in the tank, which looks a little bit similar as this baby.
image.jpg
 
I can't quite zoom in close enough on my phone to tell BUT it kind of has the characteristics of a Ball/Strawberry Anemone. If so, they're not horribly bad for your tank. I actually kind of liked them back when I had some popping up.
 
I can't quite zoom in close enough on my phone to tell BUT it kind of has the characteristics of a Ball/Strawberry Anemone. If so, they're not horribly bad for your tank. I actually kind of liked them back when I had some popping up.
sad it's not a miracle baby goni, but glad it doesn't sound like a bad thing so far. I can take that goni out and update the post a closer picture tonight.
 
sad it's not a miracle baby goni, but glad it doesn't sound like a bad thing so far. I can take that goni out and update the post a closer picture tonight.
It could be a Goni. I have had both Gonis and Alveopora sprout a new head or two where there doesn't appear to be any flesh.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new