ID help, please

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Joined
Nov 4, 2016
Messages
5,397
Reaction score
9,946
Location
Clarksville, TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't believe these to be bad hitchhikers, or at least I'm going not. I assumed they were snail eggs, but they seem to look different than the cerith or nerite eggs I've had in my glass already.

These are small, clear sacks with several tiny white balls inside. They are attached to the glass on one end and kind of flap in the flow. I have hundreds of these that just recently showed up. I have added Astraea turbo snails that recently started to focus on the glass. Are these Astraea eggs?
20180112_223834.jpg
 
While idk what that is I can assure you its not astrea as they release sperm and eggs into the water column.
 
Nassarius eggs
Thanks! I didn't think about the Nassarious snails since they spend most of their time in the sand. But, they have been on the glass lately now that I think about it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 54 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new