ID help please

  • Thread starter Thread starter exnisstech
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

exnisstech

Grumpy old man
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2019
Messages
20,637
Reaction score
33,543
Location
Ashland Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't remember what this was purchased as and wonder if someone an help ID it. I have a purple pavona that grows similar but has a much larger base so I'm not sure if it's a pavona or something else?
20220802_134048.jpg
 
I have 3 of them quite nice looking in the right lighting some will say its metallic green but up close they're all the same green of course unless it's a purple one don't have one of them so of course I would prefer one of those so let's make all them purple owner's jealous of our metallic green ones ;)
IMG_20220802_203406_edit_315195636780550.jpg
IMG_20220802_203406_edit_315195636780550.jpg
IMG_20220802_203922.jpg
IMG_20220606_203356_1.jpg
 
I have 3 of them quite nice looking in the right lighting some will say its metallic green but up close they're all the same green of course unless it's a purple one don't have one of them so of course I would prefer one of those so let's make all them purple owner's jealous of our metallic green ones ;)
IMG_20220802_203406_edit_315195636780550.jpg
IMG_20220802_203406_edit_315195636780550.jpg
IMG_20220802_203922.jpg
IMG_20220606_203356_1.jpg
I have purple also. I am just getting this tank organized and want to place them somewhat together in their own area. A pavona garden so to speak. Im looking at a blue one but not sure if they branch out so to speak or just encrust.
20220802_165519.jpg
 
Yeah they kind of 'grow out' in a curly wurly way (British chocolate not sure if you know what I mean) I have one, the spear looking picture, that is growing out because its surrounded by zoa's, I glued another on the lip of a rock face to force the matter it has worked a little but still twisted and plating at same time some people call them cabbage or lettuce corals because of the way they grow naturally in the reefs but up close they ain't arf pretty.
 
I have purple also. I am just getting this tank organized and want to place them somewhat together in their own area. A pavona garden so to speak. Im looking at a blue one but not sure if they branch out so to speak or just encrust.
20220802_165519.jpg
And am jealous of your purple one too
iron man GIF
 
And am jealous of your purple one too
This is a wysiwyg photo. Picking it up this weekend since I'm heading there anyway. Will be interesting to see if I can get it to grow upwards. Give me something to do if nothing else.
Screenshot_20220802-172808_Chrome.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new