ID help: tiny hitchhiker with black head and white ring

TheReelColton

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2022
Messages
17
Reaction score
4
Location
Arcanum
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came in on something I bought at a swap. Didn't notice until next day so I'm not sure what it was on.
 
I can’t see the video, but based on the title, does it look like this?

https://www.nano-reef.com/forums/topic/380425-caught-a-bobbit-worm/
Just to note, that is a Eunice worm in the picture, not an actual bobbit.

Screenshot_20230918-112438_Video Player.jpg

I added a photo and tried re-uploading the video. It looks teardrop shaped and slides around, not so much crawling.
 

Screenshot_20230918-112438_Video Player.jpg

I added a photo and tried re-uploading the video. It looks teardrop shaped and slides around, not so much crawling.
Lol, definitely not what I imagined in my mind. I don’t know what that could be, hopefully others will chime in.
 
i think this is probably a juvenile version of something else... i literally have this on the tip of my tongue but just cant figure it out! looks like larvae to me
 
nah, that looks like some kind of flatworm to me or a nudibranch, definetly not a bobbit worm
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new