ID help!

  • Thread starter Thread starter EchoPear
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

EchoPear

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 21, 2024
Messages
137
Reaction score
57
Location
Fort Wayne
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I could use some help with an ID on this. LFS sold it to me as a blasto for 10 dollars but as I learn about different corals it kinda seems like a Favia. I had some people on Facebook suggest a button Scoly but one of the frags of these had two heads. I didn’t think Scoly grew new heads. TIA!

IMG_5533.jpeg
 
Hello! I could use some help with an ID on this. LFS sold it to me as a blasto for 10 dollars but as I learn about different corals it kinda seems like a Favia. I had some people on Facebook suggest a button Scoly but one of the frags of these had two heads. I didn’t think Scoly grew new heads. TIA!

IMG_5533.jpeg
I’d agree with Button Scoly as they can get double heads - they’re a species of ‘Acan’ (Micromussa pacifica).
 
It's likely just a single corallite of Dipsastraea.

I’d agree with Button Scoly as they can get double heads - they’re a species of ‘Acan’ (Micromussa pacifica).
Not a button scoly; notice the septal ridges on the coenosarc
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new