ID Help?

tech_reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2019
Messages
215
Reaction score
73
Location
LA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was sold as a hammer? Can I get an ID please thanks!

37C448B9-7552-4AAA-A09A-0E6DACDF4A16.jpeg
 
I went to start my own thread for help IDing a coral that was sold to me as a torch but then I saw this thread. So I was sold this coral as a torch, but it doesn't resemble the other torches I've seen or the other one I just picked up. The tentacles are thick and tightly bunched together.
 

Attachments

  • 20210728_165615.jpg
    20210728_165615.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 56
Upvote 0
Definitely a torch. Looks to be a Micronesian or an Aussie, which have shorter tentacles than the Indos.
Ok, cool thanks for the reply. I think I got a pretty good deal on it. It has 7 separate heads on it and it's about 7 to 8 inches across when it's all bloomed out like in the pic. I picked it up fro $70. Is that a good deal or pretty standard?
 
Upvote 0
Ok, cool thanks for the reply. I think I got a pretty good deal on it. It has 7 separate heads on it and it's about 7 to 8 inches across when it's all bloomed out like in the pic. I picked it up fro $70. Is that a good deal or pretty standard?
Very good deal! Usually torches average 60 for a single head (maybe 2)...and that’s for the cheaper guys.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new