ID hitchhiker that started on snail shell.

Squeven

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 1, 2020
Messages
47
Reaction score
38
Location
Tacoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,
A while ago I purchased a turbo snail that had a strange clam looking hitchhiker. Didn’t think anything of it, but I found one at the waterline of my tank. It doesn’t look harmful, but I would like to know what it is. I am upgrading to a larger aquarium soon, and would also like to know if they can be transferred.

it has an almost flat shell, and is stuck to the glass.

21DA20C8-D1C1-4E75-A1C9-D7ED562A00EB.jpeg
 
honestly i have no clue but if id have to guess limpet. try pulling on it, if it is impossible to move probably a limpet
 
honestly i have no clue but if id have to guess limpet. try pulling on it, if it is impossible to move probably a limpet
Do limpets move? This hasn’t moved since I noticed it a week ago.
 
Looks like some sort of intertidal bivalve. It might be difficult to remove it from the glass without damaging/killing it but you could give a credit card/razor blade a try.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new