ID my new coral please!!!

Triggerhappy77

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2017
Messages
73
Reaction score
35
Location
Denver, CO
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone please help identify this coral? Sold to me as a Kenya tree but I'm not so sure...

1514839209934744301572.jpg
 
Agree with probably a stylophora. Possibly a pocillopora. Usually not that hard to tell the difference from the growth pattern, but this one's still indeterminate imo.

Tangentially, I can't seem to get either pink stylophoras or pink pocilloporas to actually stay pink in my tank. They grow great, but they always darken to a reddish-brown. ;Bored
 
Thank you all for the help. I have a biocube 32 LED. Will the light be enough? I have only beginner type coral now.
 
Thank you all for the help. I have a biocube 32 LED. Will the light be enough? I have only beginner type coral now.
I haven't tried SPS under my BC32 LED. Everything I have read suggests the lights aren't strong enough for sps or anemones. Since you already have it (assuming you can't return it for the Kenya tree you wanted) maybe start in the middle and move up? Will be interested to know how it does.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new