ID of Structures around favite

  • Thread starter Thread starter Seadoc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Seadoc

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 14, 2019
Messages
258
Reaction score
227
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
The favite in the picture is showing some semitransparent growths around is base. Can anyone ID what these are?
481D627D-841B-497F-8BAE-C6D645905349.jpeg
 
I had this type of bubble and agree with DSC Reef
 
Thank you all for the answers. I am glad this is happening in the QT and not the DT. Currently I have only a single frag in the QT. Any ideas how to get rid of the algae?
 
Remove the frag from the tank, in a seperate bucket I would scrape off. Try not to pop them and give the frag an extra rinse in saltwater before putting it back in the tank.
 
Remove the frag from the tank, in a seperate bucket I would scrape off. Try not to pop them and give the frag an extra rinse in saltwater before putting it back in the tank.
I'll give it a try. Thanks!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new