ID on anemone?

bossjx

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 12, 2023
Messages
31
Reaction score
10
Location
Oklahoma
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This massive anemone came with my tank that i had bought a couple years ago, I never really questioned what type it was for the past 2 years though now it has split so much that theres 6 of them taking up 1/3 of my 73 gal. I'm planning on selling a few to free up space so I was wondering what specific type it was.The 2nd one is at night when the lights are all out.
1747030924500.png
1747033091598.png
1747031607887.png
 
Last edited:
Looks like a Rose Bubble Tip.

The base isnt green is it?
this is it at night, the base is like dark purple with lights on im pretty sure
1747033140536.png
 
Last edited:
If it has a purple foot then id say you have a black widow

Looks a lot like a sherman bubble tip
Oh wait my bad, i mean it has a purple foot when the lights are on, the foot is dark brown when lights are off.
 
If it has a purple foot then id say you have a black widow

Looks a lot like a sherman bubble tip
Here's a video of it, though note my camera sucks
 
Looks like a Sherman bubble tip
 
Sherman would have a grey/brown foot and a black widow would have purple foot. Either way nice anemone
how much do you think i could sell them for, i've been needing an excuse to buy some new fish lol
 
how much do you think i could sell them for, i've been needing an excuse to buy some new fish lol

Not sure I havent been current on anemone prices in a while, do some research and find a price your okay with. Post somewhere and see if theres any interest from anyone
 
Looks like a Sherman bubble tip
Whats the difference? Is it just the fluorescence? I managed to find the original tank owners facebook and it seems like he was calling it a black widow nem, I'll get better photos later today if I remember.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new