id on the worm

reef4life!!!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today i looked in my tank at night with a flashlight and suddenly i saw a worm thing right beside my live rock.Unfortunately i couldn't get a pic from it because as soon as it saw the light it went away.The worm was black and retracted back to its tube when it saw the light.The tube was part of the worm and it could move.I did some reasearch and from the pictures i found i think this picture describes the worm.The only difference is that my worm was black and it out of its tube.Could it be just a peanut worm or is it something else?
aspidosiphon-muelleri-rookie07-900x420.jpg

WV Reefer

I do what I want!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So today i looked in my tank at night with a flashlight and suddenly i saw a worm thing right beside my live rock.Unfortunately i couldn't get a pic from it because as soon as it saw the light it went away.The worm was black and retracted back to its tube when it saw the light.The tube was part of the worm and it could move.I did some reasearch and from the pictures i found i think this picture describes the worm.The only difference is that my worm was black and it out of its tube.Could it be just a peanut worm or is it something else?
That picture isn’t a worm it is part of the snail.

here is a pic of a peanut worm from one of my tanks.

Upvote 0

king aiptasia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so you have no picture of your worm? several marine worms feed by everting their pharynx giving the appearance of a worm coming out of a worm in particular the Echiura. peanut worms have bristles they feed with but not really a retractable pharynx

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back