ID on this tiny hello slug like hitchhiker please

  • Thread starter Thread starter revenant
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

revenant

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 26, 2020
Messages
579
Reaction score
504
Location
SoCal
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I got a frag rock today and this little guy came off it once in my tank…. Looks like a solar slug or small sea hare to me but not sure .. these are the best photos I could get..

IMG_8296.jpeg
IMG_8298.jpeg
IMG_8303.jpeg
IMG_8304.jpeg


It’s super tiny, 1/4 inch and not moving fast at all.. friend or foe do you think? Thanks very much!
 
looks like a small cucumber to me
 
Thanks.. I got some slightly better photos.. it came in on that red mushroom rock in the photo..

IMG_8320.jpeg
IMG_8318.jpeg
IMG_8317.jpeg


If a cucumber should I remove it? I’ve heard about their toxin release when stressed or sucked into a pump or something… ?? Is that worth worrying about ? Thanks much everyone.
 
Last edited:
Thanks.. I got some slightly better photos.. it came in on that red mushroom rock in the photo..

IMG_8320.jpeg
IMG_8318.jpeg
IMG_8317.jpeg


If a cucumber should I remove it? I’ve heard about their toxin release when stressed or sucked into a pump or something… ?? Is that worth worrying about ? Thanks much everyone.
Keep it. That's a cool hitchhiker. I wouldn't worry about the horror stories.
 
Thanks ... 10-4 my reefer!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new