ID please...Good or Bad??

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2022
Messages
1,229
Reaction score
2,172
Location
Melbourne fl
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this thing attached to a wave maker this morning. I put in a cup with some tank water. All I can figure is...a see through sea cucumber??

Maybe?
Help Please 🙏.
20260402_132723.jpg
 
Hard to tell, I would guess possibly some type of tunicate, but could be wrong. I'd say a good rule of thumb would be to remove anything you are unsure of if you find any more! Did you use live rock?
 
Upvote 0
Hard to tell, I would guess possibly some type of tunicate, but could be wrong. I'd say a good rule of thumb would be to remove anything you are unsure of if you find any more! Did you use live rock?
Um yes, tank is almost 4 years old. Haven't added any new live rock in a while, so I found it kind of strange.
 
Upvote 0
I would also guess a tunicate and consider that as a bioindicator of a healthy & mature reef tank.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new