ID please. Is it sundial snail?

  • Thread starter Thread starter XLOR8T
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

XLOR8T

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2018
Messages
212
Reaction score
118
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my coral qt. 60 days in. First time I’m seeming it. I’ve seen two about the size of a small pea. Image is magnified. The PVC pipe is 1” pipe for size reference.

d08d2cdad90e84c30839b167af67e26f.jpg
 
This is what the underside would look like if it were a sundial.....
Snail2.png

I’ll try to get a bigger pic but here’s the underside. Not sure if it’s the same

3720eb5006576699e9c2bb0a57c65fb0.jpg
 
Is that a cone-shaped operculum pointed straight at us, or a flat operculum?

~Bruce

Well I made the mistake of throwing them in a cup with freshwater so they are dead and no I didn’t see anything pointing out.
 
Is that a cone-shaped operculum pointed straight at us, or a flat operculum?

~Bruce

Caught another one. No cone shape. I have Trochus and zebra Turbo Snails. Could it be their babies ?

d4a29755ff2c04fa25783635942aa1f7.jpg
 
Baby trochus or Collonista snail.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new