ID please? Maybe limpets but not sure

CoachS

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 18, 2023
Messages
25
Reaction score
10
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Admittedly my tank was neglected for a couple months while I was busy with work. Came home after a short weekend vacation to my pump not working. Added an air stone while new pump came in which was about a week.

saw these on the glass, scraped, cleaned tank water change etc. still working on tank clean up but these are back today. They’re on all 4 walls of the tank as well as a piece of rock. They are very small and it looks like there may be hole in the center of them. Any ideas on what they could be?
244DDC69-83B7-49D8-B272-71B835C627B4.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Admittedly my tank was neglected for a couple months while I was busy with work. Came home after a short weekend vacation to my pump not working. Added an air stone while new pump came in which was about a week.

saw these on the glass, scraped, cleaned tank water change etc. still working on tank clean up but these are back today. They’re on all 4 walls of the tank as well as a piece of rock. They are very small and it looks like there may be hole in the center of them. Any ideas on what they could be?

View attachment 3028200 View attachment 3028201
These pics are extremely dark- can you repost under white lighting?
 
Photo quality goes way down when I post here. But I can actually see a spiral shape on the photo on my phone. So maybe spirorbid worms?
I expanded pic on my home PC and yes spirobids. With edge of an old credit card or similar, scrape into a net and discard.
 
They shouldn’t become an issue. Their presence is a sign of a healthy maturing tank. You will never fully eradicate. I wouldn’t worry about them unless you start getting a large infestation.
 
They shouldn’t become an issue. Their presence is a sign of a healthy maturing tank. You will never fully eradicate. I wouldn’t worry about them unless you start getting a large infestation.
There are definitely quite a few! Think I will try to remove some from the glass from time to time just to keep their numbers somewhat in check!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new