ID please? Maybe limpets but not sure

CoachS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Admittedly my tank was neglected for a couple months while I was busy with work. Came home after a short weekend vacation to my pump not working. Added an air stone while new pump came in which was about a week.

saw these on the glass, scraped, cleaned tank water change etc. still working on tank clean up but these are back today. They’re on all 4 walls of the tank as well as a piece of rock. They are very small and it looks like there may be hole in the center of them. Any ideas on what they could be?
244DDC69-83B7-49D8-B272-71B835C627B4.jpeg

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Admittedly my tank was neglected for a couple months while I was busy with work. Came home after a short weekend vacation to my pump not working. Added an air stone while new pump came in which was about a week.

saw these on the glass, scraped, cleaned tank water change etc. still working on tank clean up but these are back today. They’re on all 4 walls of the tank as well as a piece of rock. They are very small and it looks like there may be hole in the center of them. Any ideas on what they could be?

These pics are extremely dark- can you repost under white lighting?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Photo quality goes way down when I post here. But I can actually see a spiral shape on the photo on my phone. So maybe spirorbid worms?
I expanded pic on my home PC and yes spirobids. With edge of an old credit card or similar, scrape into a net and discard.

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They shouldn’t become an issue. Their presence is a sign of a healthy maturing tank. You will never fully eradicate. I wouldn’t worry about them unless you start getting a large infestation.

OP
OP
C

CoachS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They shouldn’t become an issue. Their presence is a sign of a healthy maturing tank. You will never fully eradicate. I wouldn’t worry about them unless you start getting a large infestation.
There are definitely quite a few! Think I will try to remove some from the glass from time to time just to keep their numbers somewhat in check!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back