ID please: Odd rubbery nubs?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MoshJosh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2022
Messages
4,532
Reaction score
4,825
Location
Grand Junction
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
20260627_195023.jpg
 
They look like eggs. Someone (I don't remember if it was @ISpeakForTheSeas or someone else) IDed similar batches of eggs as possible copepod eggs if I recall correctly.
 
They look like eggs. Someone (I don't remember if it was @ISpeakForTheSeas or someone else) IDed similar batches of eggs as possible copepod eggs if I recall correctly.
Not me; most copepods I know carry their eggs, though a few parasitic ones lay eggs in/on their host fish visibly.

My first thought here is colonial tunicates, with each yellow patch indicating the oral siphon of a zooid in the colony (i.e. each yellow patch would be the mouth of one of the tunicates in the colony).

If so, I usually advise putting them somewhere you can easily control any spreading, as some species can get invasive to the point of smothering corals in our tanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new