ID please

  • Thread starter Thread starter Trey302
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Trey302

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 26, 2016
Messages
110
Reaction score
101
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted a quick id on my new clam. Thanks!

1474324045886673202399.jpg
 
Yes Squamosa clam. Here's mine when he was a little guy and about two years later 12"7".
IMG_1474325062.426318.jpg
IMG_1474325249.189221.jpg
 
Ok thanks! Place I got it from said derasa but the more I looked at pictures it looked more like a squamosa so I just wanted to make sure. Hey @smh254 have you always kept yours in the sand? I would like to keep mine there but will move it up if I need to.
 
Ok thanks! Place I got it from said derasa but the more I looked at pictures it looked more like a squamosa so I just wanted to make sure. Hey @smh254 have you always kept yours in the sand? I would like to keep mine there but will move it up if I need to.

Yes I've always left him in the sand. When he was little like yours he would move around a little bit. He would take in water and blow it out moving himself. He now is too big so he stays in that one spot unless I'm move him.
 
Awesome! Thanks for the info. This is my first time having a clam so I'm trying to make sure I have everything right for him.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new