ID please

nlutfi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've recently notice these all over my glass, my tank has been fallow for about a month due to Brook/velvet. Fish are in Qt but I've noticed a pod explosion in my DT now that there are no fish in there, but unsure of these new critters on the glass.
IMG_20190415_184658.jpg
MVIMG_20190415_184740.jpg
IMG_20190415_184800.jpg

Luvnreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone help me.identify this please? It scrapes.off sort of like chalk..its hard in the surface and scratches off fairly easily..it is very deep red in color and patches of it about the tank on my rockwork..my tank is about 5 months old 29 biocube I have upgraded everything perams are all really good, I do have about 5 vermitted on my rock I am covering with putty while you read this but the pic I sent as I scraped away the red no webs came out nor did it ever grow any spires at all..the red area has just gotten a tiny bit bigger. Tha k you in advance for any help.

20190415_203816.jpg

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone help me.identify this please? It scrapes.off sort of like chalk..its hard in the surface and scratches off fairly easily..it is very deep red in color and patches of it about the tank on my rockwork..my tank is about 5 months old 29 biocube I have upgraded everything perams are all really good, I do have about 5 vermitted on my rock I am covering with putty while you read this but the pic I sent as I scraped away the red no webs came out nor did it ever grow any spires at all..the red area has just gotten a tiny bit bigger. Tha k you in advance for any help.

20190415_203816.jpg
Could be new coralline algae. For future questions try starting a thread to get more eyes on your question. You can also try #reefsquad if you need additional help.

Luvnreefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be new coralline algae. For future questions try starting a thread to get more eyes on your question. You can also try #reefsquad if you need additional help.
Awesome! Thank you for responding so promptly and I'll begin a new thread next time, I was in high hopes for coraline but was unsure with it being a recently new tank and all I've read says the dark red coraline is really hard to grow..I personally like it better than the pink so I'm very happy with that variety!

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 80 47.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back