ID Please

  • Thread starter Thread starter uhgster1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

uhgster1

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2015
Messages
993
Reaction score
1,535
Location
Clarksville, TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This colony started out as a “volunteer” colony. Came out of nowhere. I originally thought it was pocillapora or staph but now I’m convinced it isn’t. The polyps end in dots not the little flower-like ends of birds nest. And the second thing is the presence of sweeper tentacles almost 1/2 inch long. The polyps look fuzzy and it is pretty, just want to know what it is. Also, it’s totally devastating my acro above it. Going to have to frag it since there’s almost no tissue left next to it.
2ADA725B-A110-4AF2-B8A3-F735F1E9CF2F.jpeg
 
I’ve never seen pocillapora send out sweepers before. Aren’t they basically a birds nest type sps?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new