ID Request(Possible Australomussa/Parascolymia)

  • Thread starter Thread starter pygo1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

pygo1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2020
Messages
118
Reaction score
61
Location
Orange county, California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's in a weird spot and hard to get a good photo of it, but I think these will be good enough.
There's a little confusion on the nomenclature with some things being recategorized, butI think this might be a Parascolymia vitiensis/Australomussa/whatever.
I got it cheap for like $40.. online seems to value these in the hundreds since they're relatively rare to the hobby, so that's awesome! I'll be keeping it as long as I can, but I'd like to nail down a correct name if possible. Info for this genus is scarce on google.
IMG_9264.png
IMG_9263.png
 
It looks like some sort of chalice in the family lobophylliidae. Also, parascolymia is not a valid genus anymore.
 
It looks like some sort of chalice in the family lobophylliidae. Also, parascolymia is not a valid genus anymore.
Thanks for the heads up! Couldn’t remember which genus had become defunct.

i did end up coming across Echinophyllia, which shares some resemblance in terms of mouth shape and general form. The one thing that throws me off is my coral is very fleshy on the sides, which I’m not really seeing in other photos on google. Regardless, i think there are quite a few corals within Lobophyllidae, so down the rabbit hole i go!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new