ID Request

  • Thread starter Thread starter TCoach
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TCoach

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2021
Messages
648
Reaction score
611
Location
SC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Saturday everyone!

Any idea on what these 2 corals are? I’ve had them for a little while, but never had them ID’d. I’m looking more for the coral type than the current “Hot” name.

thanks!

35FFEDAC-60CA-4C04-AD34-7DB22F5CD851.jpeg 9B831A41-B1CF-48DD-8726-23FF22091EE7.jpeg 28CD3DCB-DD91-4329-8675-7FDE0B6CD7B3.jpeg 9C01904A-9E7F-4B0E-B5FE-FCF3CD81EBDA.jpeg
 
First looks like a stylo. Second is definitely some form of acro. Hard for my amateur eye to say more without seeing a colony
 
Not sure on the first coral but I think the second is a miyagi tort (a type of Acropora)
After looking at some Miyagi Tort pics, I agree that it is probably what I have. Thanks!
 
After looking at some Miyagi Tort pics, I agree that it is probably what I have. Thanks!
No problem! In my experience, it keeps its color the best under lower light. At higher par it starts to get pale.

Mine has been a fast grower and very forgiving.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 54 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new