ID - sold as Lobo

  • Thread starter Thread starter NickE
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NickE

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2021
Messages
35
Reaction score
53
Location
Colorado
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this over a year ago and it was rather small, it's getting bigger now but has changed shapes and color. It was originally sold as a Lobo but I have another Lobo that looks like a Lobo haha. Any idea?

Thanks

IMG_0908 Large.jpeg
IMG_0909 Large.jpeg
 
maybe a Lobophyllia hemprichii or Lobophyllia flabelliformis "carpet lobo" with really good polyp extension? it's very pretty.
 
Last edited:
Lobopyllia serrata maybe? L. serrata has polyp margins like that. Your lobo probably changed looks in response to being in captivity.

maybe a Lobophyllia hemprichii or Lobophyllia flabelliformis "carpet lobo" with really good polyp extension? it's very pretty.
L. hemprichii is plausible; I wouldn't say L. flabelliformis, though. L. flabelliformis has long papillae on its flesh that look like pseudo-tentacles.

I have another Lobo that looks like a Lobo haha. Any idea?
IMG_0908 Large.jpeg
IMG_0909 Large.jpeg
I'm guessing your other lobo is the one in the background. That is actually an Acanthastrea pachysepta, not a lobo.
 
Thanks for the info!
 
That sure is a nice coral you have though, I've never seen one like it.
 
That sure is a nice coral you have though, I've never seen one like it.
Thanks! Yea I've looked all over trying to figure out what this is and haven't seen anything really close to it. All the other brain corals are pretty distinct but this one looks different. It's also looks like it's starting to split too so I'm happy about that!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new