ID this please killed my zoas. :/

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rob&Gab
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
This is how they looked when i got them


DSC05237.jpg
 
I would ditch the pocillapora imo. +1 on pocillapora as well 100%. I have at least 15 of those lil starts as we speak plaguing my tank. They spread like xenia. And I've been glueing rocks and shells over them for months. Just got rid of my colony the other day because I was fed up and shoot...I have at least 15 more anyways.lol. they have stung and wiped out a lot of my sps also when they pop up.
Didnt like what they did to the hornets? If you keep it there will be more of that in your future.
 
The dead frag plug behind the shell used to be rainbow monti. Glued the shell over the stupid thing and if you look close you can see he's already making his way out again. Then theres the one behind my raspberry lemonade which is now dead. And another that made it down by my zoas that I had decided to leave also-which still needs to go. And thats only a couple of them-find them in the fuge, the sump, they're everywhere.
 

Attachments

  • 20131013_153909.jpg
    20131013_153909.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 169
  • 20131013_153852.jpg
    20131013_153852.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 161
  • 20131013_153838.jpg
    20131013_153838.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 209
Does this thing glow green under actinics, and have small extending polyps? I have had what looks to be the same exact thing in my tank the past couple months. They keep popping up randomly all over the tank. They've killed an Acro colony and some zoas as well. I've been covering them in Kalk paste whenever I find them.
 
Does this thing glow green under actinics, and have small extending polyps? I have had what looks to be the same exact thing in my tank the past couple months. They keep popping up randomly all over the tank. They've killed an Acro colony and some zoas as well. I've been covering them in Kalk paste whenever I find them.

Yes it glows green and small polyps correct.
 
Pocillopora have this lovely little method of reproduction called polyp bail out. I know hobbyist that have it growing all over the tanks and overflows, powerheads. Definitely something to consider when acquiring Pocillopora.
 
Pocillapora , I had the same problem with one of the colonies shooting off spores and relocating all over , nice piece wish all my coral would do that especially the sps..good luck
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new