ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter cpoynter
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cpoynter

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2020
Messages
197
Reaction score
274
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this earlier, the consensus was maybe galaxea, but it’s grown since then, and sprouted another polyp.
Any ideas? Still galaxea?
937EEBFB-A13F-4039-835B-6112446587F8.jpeg
 
I posted this earlier, the consensus was maybe galaxea, but it’s grown since then, and sprouted another polyp.
Any ideas? Still galaxea?
937EEBFB-A13F-4039-835B-6112446587F8.jpeg
May be curlique anemone
 
I posted this earlier, the consensus was maybe galaxea, but it’s grown since then, and sprouted another polyp.
Any ideas? Still galaxea?
937EEBFB-A13F-4039-835B-6112446587F8.jpeg
I’d say galaxea.
 
I posted this earlier, the consensus was maybe galaxea, but it’s grown since then, and sprouted another polyp.
Any ideas? Still galaxea?
937EEBFB-A13F-4039-835B-6112446587F8.jpeg
Did this come in on some Gulf rock? Just a guess, but it looks like it could be Montastraea Cavernosa (Carribean Star Coral).
 
Looking at the coral’s polyps, it like it could be related to some azooxanthellate corals like the dendrophylliids. It’s probably (apo)zooxanthellate, seeing that it has survived in your tank for this long (presumably) without feeding it.
 
Looking at the coral’s polyps, it like it could be related to some azooxanthellate corals like the dendrophylliids. It’s probably (apo)zooxanthellate, seeing that it has survived in your tank for this long (presumably) without feeding it.
I started feeding it as soon as I discovered it.
 
Def not galxea but looks like it has a mean sting. I'd keep a eye on the entire tank to make sure it's not an invasive species. Who knows it could be a major score
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new