Idea for a phyto drip system

Aiden Parker

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2016
Messages
409
Reaction score
386
Location
Harlingen, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an idea for a phyto drip system. I am considering trying to make it when I have more time to devote to it. Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

PHTYO DRIP SYSTEM IDEA.png
 
Nice idea, question tho. How do you intend to keep the phytoplankton from crashing? Or will you run through that much in a 10-15 day period and have another batch waiting. I've never grown my own phyto ( going to just haven't) but doesn't the culture start crashing around the 15-17 day mark unless more fertilizer is added?
 
Nice idea, question tho. How do you intend to keep the phytoplankton from crashing? Or will you run through that much in a 10-15 day period and have another batch waiting. I've never grown my own phyto ( going to just haven't) but doesn't the culture start crashing around the 15-17 day mark unless more fertilizer is added?

When it reaches the point when you add more water, you would also add some more fertilizer. I've grown phyto before and it's very easy. You could have several reactors, each with a different species of phyto. That would be very cool.
 
When it reaches the point when you add more water, you would also add some more fertilizer. I've grown phyto before and it's very easy. You could have several reactors, each with a different species of phyto. That would be very cool.

Having different species going at once would be very cool indeed. I might have to do that on my upgrade
 
Cool idea indeed!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new