Ideal medication for a clown quarantine?

beyer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About a year ago I purchased a couple of clowns from vivid aquariums online. One died and the other lived for about a month before dying. I quarantined both but did not have any medication on hand when their conditions took a turn. Now, I’m thinking of finally purchasing another couple black and white clowns from liveaquaria.

I’ve researched medications which I may need such as metroplex, kanaplex, focus, prazipro, furan-2, ruby reef rally, and cupramine. I know having all these on hand would be ideal but if I’m only going to quarantine two fish for my 30 gallon tank I really don’t have a need for all those medications after the initial quarantine in my mind. Money is tight and would love to not purchase every medicine above if not needed.

Is there a good medication or practice to start clowns in the quarantine with to minimize any disease?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being clownfish are susceptible to brook and are good at masking symptoms of ich/velvet, I recommend the following:
Using API General Cure will deworm (prazi) and also contains metronidazole which will treat brook & uronema, if present.

OP
OP
beyer

beyer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being clownfish are susceptible to brook and are good at masking symptoms of ich/velvet, I recommend the following:
Using API General Cure will deworm (prazi) and also contains metronidazole which will treat brook & uronema, if present.

Thanks for your help. I’ll get these along with a copper test kit.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 15.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 65 46.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 47 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back