Ideal medication for a clown quarantine?

beyer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 1, 2017
Messages
81
Reaction score
30
Location
Nebraska
What state or country do you live in
Nebraska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About a year ago I purchased a couple of clowns from vivid aquariums online. One died and the other lived for about a month before dying. I quarantined both but did not have any medication on hand when their conditions took a turn. Now, I’m thinking of finally purchasing another couple black and white clowns from liveaquaria.

I’ve researched medications which I may need such as metroplex, kanaplex, focus, prazipro, furan-2, ruby reef rally, and cupramine. I know having all these on hand would be ideal but if I’m only going to quarantine two fish for my 30 gallon tank I really don’t have a need for all those medications after the initial quarantine in my mind. Money is tight and would love to not purchase every medicine above if not needed.

Is there a good medication or practice to start clowns in the quarantine with to minimize any disease?
 
Being clownfish are susceptible to brook and are good at masking symptoms of ich/velvet, I recommend the following:
Using API General Cure will deworm (prazi) and also contains metronidazole which will treat brook & uronema, if present.
 
Being clownfish are susceptible to brook and are good at masking symptoms of ich/velvet, I recommend the following:
Using API General Cure will deworm (prazi) and also contains metronidazole which will treat brook & uronema, if present.

Thanks for your help. I’ll get these along with a copper test kit.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new