JoTaDe

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hello all!, I have a 14 gallon tank and its currently stocked with 1 yellowtail damsel and 6 dwarf blue leg hermit crabs. The tank has been running for close to two months maybe a couple days short. I was thinking of tankmates but could not come with much given the small size of tanks and that damsels can get pretty aggressive. Anyone has any ideas for a tankmate?. It has to be reef and invert safe. Thanks!

Top Shelf Aquatics

CRath

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Lawnmower blenny, Occelaris clowns, most Cardinals, Clown Gobys. Those are all great small fish that I had in a 15 gallon that played nice with damsels. If your tank is only 2 months old add new fish slowly. My 15 gallon wasn't fully stocked with fish for nearly 6 months, but that allowed the tank to stabilize more and everybody to settle in.

OP
J

JoTaDe

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Those sound great! And I was planning to stock slower, but I wanted to have a little bit more action going on and raise nitrates a little bit in the process. Hopefully the damsel is not to aggressive to new mates

Click to join now!

DeniseAndy

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Maybe a tail spot blenny, I would not go for a lawnmower in such a small tank. They feed all day long and need lots to eat. JME
I would do seal's cardinals over bangaii or pajama as the latter can get big for a 14g.
Any of the clown gobies would be fine.
Masked goby would be great and you can get a few.
Neon goby would be good, but only one unless a pair (males will fight). At least mine did until one was dead.
If you have sand, you can do a small shrimp goby and candy pistol shrimp.
Jester goby.
Any Trimma or Eviota goby.

OP
J

JoTaDe

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Maybe a tail spot blenny, I would not go for a lawnmower in such a small tank. They feed all day long and need lots to eat. JME
I would do seal's cardinals over bangaii or pajama as the latter can get big for a 14g.
Any of the clown gobies would be fine.
Masked goby would be great and you can get a few.
Neon goby would be good, but only one unless a pair (males will fight). At least mine did until one was dead.
If you have sand, you can do a small shrimp goby and candy pistol shrimp.
Jester goby.
Any Trimma or Eviota goby.
The neon goby sounds great however the damsel is already blue, do you think I can add more fish later on besides the neon goby or that would be it?

BRS

Peninsula Reef Tanks...

• I currently have one

Votes: 34 23.1%
  • I used to have one set up

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • I would like to try one in the future

Votes: 79 53.7%
  • No interest

Votes: 28 19.0%