Ideas for large amounts of small, friendly fish?

SDreefer453

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2022
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Location
San Diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy R2R,

I have a 200 gallon tank and am looking to stock it up with a boat load of small, but friendly fish who aren't territorial. I'm not interested in clownfish, damsels, or anything that can be semi aggressive/territorial. I bought 7 blue chromis, but eventually ended up with one within 6 months. I never saw any fighting between them, but I heard that it's fairly common to only end up with one. I absolutely love gobies and have a few different kinds, but is there anything else that are friendly and small? A school of a bunch of little fellas would be friggin' awesome. I'd love y'alls feedback and opinions, thank you :)
 
i have a Liopropoma rubre it's a pretty shy fish but small very friendly and it's a treat seeing it when its out usally see it a few times a day
 
Try about a dozen Springeri/Talbots/Rollands damselfish. You could even do a mix of them. They are much friendlier than other damsel species, and shouldn't cause a big problem. They'll squabble with each other, but won't do any real harm. They won't quite shoal, they'll each set up shop in about a cubic square foot of water, mostly ignoring each other. Even without shoaling, they'll still give off the "little fish in a big group" vibes that you seem to be looking for. These are much nicer than other damsels, my old LFS kept a few in each frag tank to remove pests. Never had a problem with them. I'm planning on putting 4-5 in my 65 gallon. Good luck!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new