Ideas for side reservoir for sump

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon everyone!

Looking for ideas and recommendations for a rectangle reservoir for the side of my sump. The purpose is so I can monitor the water level with a float switch while keeping a lot of flow in my sump.

I am planning a new tank build and all rocks/corals will be out of the sump when the tank is up and running.

Any ideas or recommendations for a reservoir will be appreciated. I am looking to keep it rectangular as well.

SUMP RESEVOIR.jpg

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could just do a large hob filter or a hob refugium like cpr aquatics, then stick the ato in there

That is a good idea but I will need a reservoir the same height as the sump in case of an overflow.

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not just have a small partition or cylinder inside the tank area that protects the sensor from turbulence? Could probably just repurpose a magnet feeding ring (depends on the sensor/switch).

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not just have a small partition or cylinder inside the tank area that protects the sensor from turbulence? Could probably just repurpose a magnet feeding ring (depends on the sensor/switch).

That's a good idea! Maybe mount a 3" PVC pipe to the inside of the sump. Thinking now....

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would an LLS work by chance or are we talking about an inch or more of up and down?

Possibly. I don't know if it will be that much but I do know I plan on creating a tidal wave in there. I want to keep detritus suspended at all times.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 141 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back