Identification help pls!

Magpie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there everyone,I'm sure you pro's can help me
Could someone help to identify this for me please,photo attached.
20190819_163933.jpg

Thanks

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gha/random genus wiry algae invasion here's two we fixed, ID doesn’t matter in the fix:

57580C6D-668F-4C91-9DB2-65211CC1AA9B.jpeg

And then
A7C36D3F-F6EC-47C6-BBCC-C0B0A5B3BE14.jpeg

Seabass, Nano-Reef.com

Reefmiser. Nano-reef.com:

picone.png

pictwo.png

The trick is to take out each section, scrape and kill the algae with a knife tip and peroxide, rinse in saltwater along the way and make it clear by force. By disallowing it yesterday, it doesn’t take over. Since there’s nothing wrong with your coral, you’ll want to avoid altering params, dips, water treatments and anything other than surgery, but then again I’m slanted in the matter. The only thing I believe in is tank surgery, bc we know the outcome before you start. The others have to guess

ours is the only way that directly does not contact corals and directly contacts the target. all targets welcome, any genus, same action.

it all depends on the size of the tank...those with large tanks have the most excuses to wade through before being invasion free.

nano reefers are spoiled rotten, they can cause the clean condition in an hour. lead up actions have little consequence in the nano/full access any time volume range. there are admittedly 67 ways to slowly starve out algae too, contacting everything in the tank and hoping for a balance.

two totally different modes of thought apply, not so much a param or a specific type of plant.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Magpie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gha/random genus wiry algae invasion here's two we fixed, ID doesn’t matter in the fix:

57580C6D-668F-4C91-9DB2-65211CC1AA9B.jpeg

And then
A7C36D3F-F6EC-47C6-BBCC-C0B0A5B3BE14.jpeg

Seabass, Nano-Reef.com

Reefmiser. Nano-reef.com:

picone.png

pictwo.png

The trick is to take out each section, scrape and kill the algae with a knife tip and peroxide, rinse in saltwater along the way and make it clear by force. By disallowing it yesterday, it doesn’t take over. Since there’s nothing wrong with your coral, you’ll want to avoid altering params, dips, water treatments and anything other than surgery, but then again I’m slanted in the matter. The only thing I believe in is tank surgery, bc we know the outcome before you start. The others have to guess

ours is the only way that directly does not contact corals and directly contacts the target. all targets welcome, any genus, same action.

it all depends on the size of the tank...those with large tanks have the most excuses to wade through before being invasion free.

nano reefers are spoiled rotten, they can cause the clean condition in an hour. lead up actions have little consequence in the nano/full access any time volume range. there are admittedly 67 ways to slowly starve out algae too, contacting everything in the tank and hoping for a balance.

two totally different modes of thought apply, not so much a param or a specific type of plant.
Hi,no not that the coral.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fluconazole might work well/not really side effects in most threads as a pattern or vibrant. its a big job agreed

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
+1 on cabbage

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back