Identification

iigrinchii

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 14, 2021
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
Location
pompano beach
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nubee mistake but I bought 5 corals without knowing what they are, what light intensity and water flow they like. Could you guy help me out please.
07CBB8EC-D59B-4F0D-960C-E111B3920B92.jpeg
 
Left to right goni, can’t see, acan, gsp, Rhodactis. Closer pics would help to confirm.
 
10253460-83E1-49CE-9817-A960FD68F51B.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • 3C5D6A25-7FE7-433A-AE8D-A176F016B96F.jpeg
    3C5D6A25-7FE7-433A-AE8D-A176F016B96F.jpeg
    144 KB · Views: 75
  • CDE74B80-F60B-424D-816C-F102ACEBB571.jpeg
    CDE74B80-F60B-424D-816C-F102ACEBB571.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 92F2BB71-CDFC-454D-9323-4E8540B88DBC.jpeg
    92F2BB71-CDFC-454D-9323-4E8540B88DBC.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 76A265EB-1CC3-487D-A414-AC964A1C2F18.jpeg
    76A265EB-1CC3-487D-A414-AC964A1C2F18.jpeg
    212.9 KB · Views: 79
Think the first one might be a Favia.
 
92F2BB71-CDFC-454D-9323-4E8540B88DBC.jpegGSP low light level

76A265EB-1CC3-487D-A414-AC964A1C2F18.jpegMushroom coral also Low light level



3C5D6A25-7FE7-433A-AE8D-A176F016B96F.jpegAnd I don't know anything about goniopora because they are super hard to keep
CDE74B80-F60B-424D-816C-F102ACEBB571.jpegAcan moderate
Adding on for Goniopora, it’s recommended to feed them though. I think a quick search on this forum what what to feed Goniopora would help you alot.
 
Been feeding it amino acids and plankton. Sofar so good
That’s good to hear. Also a little warning on the leptoseris, though they are categorised as sps, they emit sweeper tentacles. So try to give them some space.
 
The one people are calling goniopora looks like the soft coral Xenia to me.

From lest to right, on post #4, I'm seeing:

Xenia
Favia/Favites/Goneastrea - I can't tell those apart. It's not an Acan lord, but maybe Acan echinata
Green star polyps
Mushroom
 
The one people are calling goniopora looks like the soft coral Xenia to me.

From lest to right, on post #4, I'm seeing:

Xenia
Favia/Favites/Goneastrea - I can't tell those apart. It's not an Acan lord, but maybe Acan echinata
Green star polyps
Mushroom
I think the easiest way to confirm is for OP to turkey baster the suspected Goni and take a picture of its base. If there’s a skeleton then its a Goni.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new