Texas Reefer since 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3061.jpeg
IMG_3062.jpeg
All good things start with freebies…..
I received a few things I need to identify so I can continue planning and cleaning to revive them.
My son showed up at my door with a 150 gallon oceanic tank (serial number starts with T11.. and built date is Jan 13 2009) it has two back wall overflows. Heavy piece. It’s very dirty but looks in good shape. It also comes with a trigger system crystal 36 gallon sump and inside that I found a skimmer. No clue what it is.
I can not identify and therefore do not know if it has all parts or is even worth saving. . I will report the revival process once I start cleaning and assembling. Already planned a new stand the one it came with is rotten

Please help identify before I spend hours cleaning it….

IMG_3058.jpeg
IMG_3057.jpeg

JC1977

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3061.jpeg
IMG_3062.jpeg
All good things start with freebies…..
I received a few things I need to identify so I can continue planning and cleaning to revive them.
My son showed up at my door with a 150 gallon oceanic tank (serial number starts with T11.. and built date is Jan 13 2009) it has two back wall overflows. Heavy piece. It’s very dirty but looks in good shape. It also comes with a trigger system crystal 36 gallon sump and inside that I found a skimmer. No clue what it is.
I can not identify and therefore do not know if it has all parts or is even worth saving. . I will report the revival process once I start cleaning and assembling. Already planned a new stand the one it came with is rotten

Please help identify before I spend hours cleaning it….

IMG_3058.jpeg
IMG_3057.jpeg
Oof that’s a tough one! Definitely set up for HOB with the mount. If I had to guess I would say possibly a coralife?? Nice score on the trigger sump I would say look for a in sump skimmer and ditch that dinosaur! lol

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Red sea ? can you find name or number on pump ?
pic of pump ?

OP
OP
rpkneumann

rpkneumann

Texas Reefer since 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oof that’s a tough one! Definitely set up for HOB with the mount. If I had to guess I would say possibly a coralife?? Nice score on the trigger sump I would say look for a in sump skimmer and ditch that dinosaur! lol
That’s actually where my head is. Find a newer one. Their design changed drastically sine 2009

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
not sure either , but also kinda looks like a in sump skimmer too ?
give her a try see if works before cleaning can use if works in sump...

Daes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might be an Odyssea skimmer. There isn't much information about them out there.

OP
OP
rpkneumann

rpkneumann

Texas Reefer since 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found an old thread talking about odyssey P75. Has the same structure and fittings. Slightly different neck. Was a 2009 skimmer around $100 then. I’ll clean it. See if pump works. Decide then.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 136 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back