Identify/ rough value in trade?

fascinated

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, it's time to let some growth go. I cannot remember what type these are and get crumby results searching the Googler machine. I would like to bring them in for trade but always seem to go in blind, trying to avoid it this time. Any input on a fair value appreciated. And any recommendations to add to my tank is much appreciated as well. Always learning
20240229_140644.jpg
20240315_135054.jpg
20240315_135018.jpg
20240315_134954.jpg

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those circled mini colonies were 50/each, or 40/each if getting 3+

Since op was asking about market value. I bought those 3 a year ago.

OP
OP
fascinated

fascinated

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rock is what I'm considering parting with. I still have frags of them I can grow out again. Just moved and looking at stocking differently. I've never shipped anything so I'm leary of how to pack to make sure they're safe. I could ship some frags if someone can give any guidance. I'm still learning this forum. I wanna say the rock is 3-4 years of growth, a year in a tank that just kept them alive while we found our new home. Pretty sure I got screwed when I brought the small rock in. Had to test the waters I guess.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok you are too far from me to ship

I also do not know the going rates / value for coral in Jordan

Nice colony though and you have the space. You should keep it

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When you say trade do you mean bringing them to LFT for credit, bringing them in for cash, or trading them to another hobbiest???

My LFS gives about 50% of the resale price in store credit. I have never traded corals for cash though I assume the value is equal to or less than 50% of resale unless you got something really special. Trading to another hobbiest is going to reeeally depend on how badly they want your corals and what they got to trade.

OP
OP
fascinated

fascinated

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you say trade do you mean bringing them to LFT for credit, bringing them in for cash, or trading them to another hobbiest???

My LFS gives about 50% of the resale price in store credit. I have never traded corals for cash though I assume the value is equal to or less than 50% of resale unless you got something really special. Trading to another hobbiest is going to reeeally depend on how badly they want your corals and what they got to trade.
I'd be trading for credit to go right back for more coral. I'm in no hurry to get rid of it as it is doing well. Just educating myself. Thanks everyone.

PeterErc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the store, if they have a surplus because the market is flooded in the area you get, well not much. If they don’t have any, don’t ask for store credit, ask for more coral. You may come out better if you have a good relationship with the store. I bring frags to a store and ask them what’s hot to grow out or grab something I like or wait. If the store doesn’t take care of you find a different one.

You can also go to the store first, look around and see what you want. Then ask how many bam bam do I have to bring you for a piece of that

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have Mandarin Orange Zoa's not Bam Bam's. I have both and can verify that.

Mandarin Orange:

Bam Bam's:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 108 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back