Identifying algae growth from frag

JacobPresta

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2021
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi every I bought this purplemushroom frag from my LFS about a month and a half ago and since the last week or so there has been a crazy amount of algae growth (mostly on the frag). I do change my water every week and a half and do top ups every 3 days or so, there is algae growth on the live rock but nothing compared to the piece of the frag.

16375436517272276352218994484777.jpg 16375436857953041632397648136949.jpg
 
Briopsis algae, nuisance. I'd use H2O2 in a syrenge and squirt small amounts (1-2 ml) in the base to kill it if you can't remove the plug and give it a 2 minute dip in 5 parts aquarium water to 1 part H2O2.
 
Briopsis algae, nuisance. I'd use H2O2 in a syrenge and squirt small amounts (1-2 ml) in the base to kill it if you can't remove the plug and give it a 2 minute dip in 5 parts aquarium water to 1 part H2O2.

ll dipping it harm the mushroom coral on the frag?

Briopsis algae, nuisance. I'd use H2O2 in a syrenge and squirt small amounts (1-2 ml) in the base to kill it if you can't remove the plug and give it a 2 minute dip in 5 parts aquarium water to 1 part H2O2.
Thank you Timfish, I will try to take it out tomorrow and do the dip but will it have any effects on the mushroom coral?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new