If and when ATK V2 programming

Butcher333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
“If” and “when” statements. I noticed today when looking at my programming for my ATK that the line for my reservoir read the same as my ATK high sensor. (“If“ closed then off) (“If” open then off). This just means that the pump wont turn on if the sensor in my reservoir is open, but does not turn off the slider for the module like I guess I had thought all this time. I did notice that eventually the slider will move from “Auto” to “Off” though.
When I add water to the reservoir, the ATK does not usually just continue to operate again. I usually have to wiggle jiggle the pump up and down while manually on to get it to work again and sometimes unplug the module to get it to function without issue like you’d think.
I’m thinking that it should read “When ATKSMP OPEN Then OFF” to switch module slider to off and leave module in a sort of standby mode.
Should I add a command line like “When ATKSMP CLOSED Then AUTO” to get slider to go back to AUTO? LOL
Is there any other ideas or recommendations anyone has that I might like or be interested in?
B0C5712A-5433-4398-9C06-5FF7EEF82C59.jpeg

FB946858-C58F-4676-B36A-1D7E4B3B8087.jpeg
29983BAF-9429-4362-8C9B-68F63BC9E2BA.jpeg

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're misunderstanding the function of the OFF/AUTO/ON sliders. The Apex will only follow the programming when a slider is set to AUTO. If you move it to the OFF or ON positions, those are manual settings and it will never follow the programming regardless of what the water level is. When it's set to AUTO, the output's current state will be shown in the text at the top right side of the slider, indicating "On" or "Off", but the slider itself remains set to AUTO.

The exception to this is if the WHEN timer is exceeded. That acts as an emergency failsafe, and it moves the slider to the manual OFF position, forcing you to investigate what went wrong and then you have to move the slider back to AUTO before it will run the programming again.

Read my ATK Tutorial for an overview of what the programming does and how the ATK is designed to work:

OP
OP
Butcher333

Butcher333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL. “If“ it is then. Thanks for splaining it @SuncrestReef.
But doesn’t what you just said explain why I think it should read WHEN for the low level sensor programming in my reservoir instead of IF ? Since some sort of WHEN timer is exceeded, and this switches it to OFF long after the low level sensor reads open and turns the PMUP off. If I fill the reservoir, I have investigated and corrected the reason it was switched off of Auto, and then should just be able to move the slider back to Auto. I shouldn’t have to resume trying to reset the module or troubleshoot anything.
Thanks for the reply as always. How’s life going sir? I hope business and life are good.
I guess I’ll reeaaaddd then.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL. “If“ it is then. Thanks for splaining it @SuncrestReef.
But doesn’t what you just said explain why I think it should read WHEN for the low level sensor programming in my reservoir instead of IF ? Since some sort of WHEN timer is exceeded, and this switches it to OFF long after the low level sensor reads open and turns the PMUP off. If I fill the reservoir, I have investigated and corrected the reason it was switched off of Auto, and then should just be able to move the slider back to Auto. I shouldn’t have to resume trying to reset the module or troubleshoot anything.
Thanks for the reply as always. How’s life going sir? I hope business and life are good.
I guess I’ll reeaaaddd then.
"When" is a timer that should only be used for emergency situations, not something simple like a low reservoir. The "If ATKSMP OPEN Then OFF" simply tells the pump if the reservoir is low, don't run the pump. The moment you add water to the reservoir and it covers that sensor, that line of code is no longer True so the pump is eligible to run again. But keep in mind, it might not run immediately based on how long it's been since the last time the pump was on, due to the Min Time 060:00 Then OFF timer.

The difference is that When is there in case an optical sensor fails to detect the water has risen while the pump is running, and if the pump continues, you'd have a flood. Or conversely, if the reservoir is empty and the pump keeps trying, it will never refill and burn out the pump. The When timer covers both of these situations.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back