0   0   0
Self pity? It's called a fact..

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question, and I guess the “non emergency” Emergency thread may be the place for this.

I had a gallon of Alkalinity mixed up in a 1 gallon water bottle. It seems to have leaked all over my shelf.

just wondering if anyone else has ever had mixed soda ash eat it’s way through plastic?

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys calm down please. We are working on a solution to clean up the emergency forum and make it that only legitimate emergencies make it through. Getting report after report or having to deal with comments seen as rude is not allowing us time to come up with and implement a place. As I said please bear with us as we work on the issue

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I'm done with this thread, said my peace, tried to explain to the OP what he/she deems as an emergency may not line up with what an OP deems as an emergency.

Have a wonderful day!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@homer1475 - I've been reporting your posts all the time lately but nothing ever happens. You must be paying off the mods! (Totally kidding)

And here you thought you were done with this thread. :p

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe than shouldn't suggest reporting it than!?! Dont do as you mods say or we take away the report button...makes sense
I have explained what’s going on. Again please bear with us.

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys calm down please. We are working on a solution to clean up the emergency forum and make it that only legitimate emergencies make it through. Getting report after report or having to deal with comments seen as rude is not allowing us time to come up with and implement a place. As I said please bear with us as we work on the issue
I think the Emergency Forum works just fine considering there a lots of newbies that may think they have an emergency on their hands. They need help too, sometimes even more than the experienced reefers with “true emergencies”

You guys do a good job, thank you for the work you do.

my question was real. in no way meant to diminish those thinking they have an emergency, so please don’t read it that way.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Self pity? It's called a fact..
A fact that what one deems an emergency you wouldn’t deem an emergency? People are very individual. I personally wouldn’t take a salinity at 1.024 to be an emergency but someone new to the hobby, they might think that it’s their tank crashing. I’m fairly experienced in this hobby and personally think most of the stuff posted isn’t post worthy at all. You can’t compare your knowledge to others knowledge and complain. Just smile and help. If it’s a stupid question, answer it to the best of your ability and take the time to explain it. Everyone has to learn the basics. Maybe you shouldn’t be wasting your time posting a non emergency in an emergency form and arguing with the people that disagree with your opinion and take the time to help others. If it’s a stupid question in the emergency section, they may not need help with the tank, they just need someone to reassure them that everything’s ok and need to learn why everything’s ok. Because when you learn the little q’s your tank is showing and can comprehend what it means, that’s how you learn to be successful.

Chefwheredyougo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like I struck a nerve .... must be the people with "emergencies" it's one thing needing help but not everything is an emergency... algea no.. my snail died. No .. crab died no
I'd be upset if @Crabs McJones died. That's a serious emergency..

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd be upset if @Crabs McJones died. That's a serious emergency..
Actually every one of those options seems like an emergency. Usually crabs and snails don’t die for no reason. Usually there’s an underlying cause. And algae may be taking over corals. That’s an emergency. Byropsis is an emergency. Lol I’ve been in the hobby for a long time. All three of those options are for sure a possible emergency.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back