If money is not an issue

Orphek if I had to go LED. Most smaller or single point of light fixtures just dont get the light spread that most would want. You end up turning up the power on the LEDs to compensate for overall tank brightness and burn everything. The alternative is to buy twice as many fixtures as you can "get by" with and run them all at 50% or whatever.
 
Is this about money or LED's? If just about LED's I agree with ws6kid Get Orphek. The best reef I have seen in person that had LED's was lit with Orphek. If you don't care about money i.e. costs of the lights and running them then get a Metal Halide hybrid, best coral growing lights period. IMHO.
 
If you don't care about money i.e. costs of the lights and running them then get a Metal Halide hybrid, best coral growing lights period. IMHO.
+1
MH/t5 is still the gold standard.

Giesemann Spectra SE Metal Halide/T5 Fixture. :D
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new