If reefs used social media...

Arthroverts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...what would they say? Hello all, I've done this a few times before on other forums, and its always a blast.
Anyway, here's how this works; I'll pretend to be a inhabitant of an aquarium (a fish, coral, other invertebrate, man, you can even anthropomorphize your tank and give it the power to send messages!) chatting on Finstagram/Faviabook.
Examples:

MrMonti said:
Feelin' good today. Might grow over that acro, might not.
#montiworldproblems

The_Real_Yellow_Tang said:
The keeper's got nori! Nori everybody! N-o-r-i! It's gonna be a feast!
#everybodylovesnori

TheBlueTank said:
It has been 6 days, 13 hours, 24 minutes, and 11 seconds since I received my last top-off. C'mon, I can't live like this! Somebody please HELP! I need water, water...the land of no top-offs, the land of no top-offs...
#fortheloveofRODI

And the rest of y'all join in! Pretend to be an inhabitant of the tank (or the tank itself), and say what they might say if they had their own R2R! Some rules though; please let us not have 50 of us all doing the same creature but as different individuals, there are many fish/corals in the sea. Just two or three of the same kind for now. Please no profanity or adult talk, remember your saying what you think the creature might say. Lastly, don't hijack someone else's creature/tank, there are plenty to go around.
Posting pictures is definitely encouraged, such as selfies (of the creature/tank your representing of course). Also, please keep to the general temperament of the creature your pretending to be; no vegetarian snowflake moray's. Tanks are left to your imagination however...

And that's it! Hope y'all enjoy.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

OP
OP
A

Arthroverts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AnonymousNiger said:
@Peppy_thepeppermint_shrimp, where u located? Wanna meet up and talk shop? We both r good at reckin' inverts...
Lemme know.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Percula Clownfish:

Hmm... what should I use as a host? That bubble-tip anemone? Hmmm...could be nice... Oh!! Look!! A powerhead!! Nothing says "home sweet home" like a nice big plastic powerhead!! #powerheadsmakethebesthosts

Seanislav

Rectangular Money Pit Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ TheRealNaso Tang:

It's midnight, completely dark. I'ma go for a stroll...the water's really moving right here...gonna go directly into it...yup, that's it. Wait--what's around the side of this thing the water's coming from? Gonna check-oh crap, it's pulling me in-SLAP!

*Human shuts off VorTech, dislodges tang in early a.m...tang has grill lines from the pump's housing. Oy...

OP
OP
A

Arthroverts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PanDoraTheExplora said:
Just grabbed, like, literally 10 pieces of food at feeding time! Now I'm gonna like, literally grow over those Utter Chaos palys. Didn't the human figure out by now, that I, like, literally don't like neighbors? Give me ma space and lemme grow!
I don't really like those GMK's over there either...
#pandoraproblems #zoaworldproblems #grow4life

OP
OP
A

Arthroverts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enchi-Nada the Stick said:
The water hasn't been changed recently...the calcium hasn't been replenished...that monti is shading me...AHHH! Help me! I need clean water! Give me space! AHHGH! More Ca and Mag!
*gaakk*
#sensitive #cleanwater

Stylo said:
@Enchi-Nada the Stick, calm down, breathe. It's gonna be alright. We're SPS right? We take the toughest flow and light the ocean throws at us, and we laugh at it! We're exposed to the sun, to the elements, to the nasty parrotfish and parasites, and we come out on top! We are the Reefbuilders! This whole tank owes us their gratitude for providing them this rock upon which they grow! This is our precursors bones on which we stand! So stand proud or die trying you enchinata! We Stylos know this, and all us SPS need to stand together, stare the ocean and the keepers in the face, and make them blink! For the Small Polyped Stonies!
#SPS #Strong-Polyped-Stonies

OP
OP
A

Arthroverts

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MrMonti said:
Ha ha, yesss! Just encrusted right over that powerhead before the keeper noticed! You keep away with those clippers, if you try to trim me back this thing's a-comin' with me!
#montiworldproblems

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back