If Santa was real . . . . . . . . .

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$14 billion. Not all for personal,I would donate majority of it to certain non-profit organizations. Mainly ones dedicated to housing homeless vets and non-profit military based organizations and or verteran owned companies.

Then start my own aquaculture facility to single handedly lower coral prices. Make super expensive corals affordable for broke reefers like myself.

Last edited:

00W

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1699390620725.png
Yes a beautiful model but measuring my sump I'm a bit shy on space.
Wondering on your advice for their updated external model. Looks like the same pump wondering what you thought here.
Thanks a bunch.

Rubymoon286

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a Kraken to complete my Hydros set up, maybe a second control board or a larger control board since I'm just about totally out of room. Otherwise, all the bits and bobs to integrate auto water change into the Hydros itself so I can move the autoaqua one to my freshwater tank (that was supposed to be low tech... whoops)

I got an x10 last week finally to replace my dosing pump and give myself some more room from the x2 I was running solo. Once my Command Bus cable comes, I'm making a collective so I can see everything together, but so far, the pH probe has been excellent, the salinity probe is equally nice. I still test manually because I test everything twice a week anyway, and the alk hanna takes no time to just do with my other tests right now.

Raul-7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
5000G reef with all the included equipment and installation. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
vetteguy53081

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Yes a beautiful model but measuring my sump I'm a bit shy on space.
Wondering on your advice for their updated external model. Looks like the same pump wondering what you thought here.
Thanks a bunch.
I had previous above sump on a glass shelf. Also worked well if you have the space

00W

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had previous above sump on a glass shelf. Also worked well if you have the space
Thanks a bunch.
Sump is on side of tank so lots of room there.
I'll look to go that way.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we cuss now if this is not a family friendly site anymore? For people with kids, this is the easiest part of the year to parent since all that you have to say is Santa is watching...

I would ask for permits to be issued to the Hawaii fish collectors for responsible collection.
I sure hope Santa runs for office in Hawaii. He could deliver that present!

AtlantiCat

33% Salt, 67% Fresh, 100% Weird
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd have a Waterbox Infinia Frag 125.4 with all the trimmings. I love the way low flat tanks look, but I'd have to put it in my basement, so I guess I'd need to renovate the basement as well. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: Oh Santa....

Delatedlotus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear Santa,

I have never wrote any kind of Xmas letter before. But I really have been thru so much this year. My 27 year tank set-up (230 gallons) system froze while I was in the hospital getting emergency open heart surgery. My furnace fan quit right at a true -34 below zero in Mt, first day out my friend helped me inside and wow. I lost every fish I had (17) all lost but a blue neon cleaner goby. One heck of a lot of bubble tip anemone's. And 80 percent of ALL my SPS corals I was utterly totally devastated! I went to my knees for an hour and just cried, it was so cold both inside and outside. Now trying to start again with frags but you never really realize just how long it takes to grow back some nice sized corals.. All my rock made it no problem (280lbs plus) praise Jesus, it's is just absolutely beautiful rock. Old school rock like you can't hardly get anymore, each rock bagged individually in sea water when shipped.. Santa I am starting from the bottom and I would like, more importantly I need two Neptune dosing pumps. And for my sock, lots of birdsnest's and plating monti corals just to get started again. I will and both can trade a very, very, large bag of carrots for any of the above. Due to monies being so short in my aftermath, for a hobby I just absolutely love! And this is so, so, good most of all for the ole ticker as well! I am NOT a quitter nor will I ever be one!!! Santa with that being said let it be known, I really, really, do miss my clowns and anemone's the most of all...! They could just fit into my sock as well...

Thank you...
Signed:
The very well reformed 10 year old that put the cat in the dryer...

Last edited:

apb03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a full blown apex setup and was entertaining the jump to hydros.
I originally intended on getting an Apex after I got the tank off the ground. I even bought the Atk as my ato thinking I'd make sure everything would integrate seamlessly.

I spent a bunch of money on the tiny molex connectors and made custom cables to run my ato and after a month the pump died. The entire kit felt so cheap, the pmup, the fmm box, etc. I just couldn't see myself dumpling over 2k on this ecosystem.

Maybe it's unfair but coming from a clean slate, the decision was obvious to me. The GX12 connectors are a superior choice, so too is the collective concept where each unit can carry the load if need be but all outputs and inputs combine together.

Hydros is not perfect by any stretch, but they made good core design choices, I think.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, Santa is real! Otherwise, Elf would not be one of my favorite movies.

Second, I would love a small hobbit house; so I wouldn’t have to deal with landlords raising rent or deciding to sell; I just don’t have very many moves left in me. Where I could play my albums at a very nice decibel; just a place to call my own.
And since Santa likes to go big, It also has one of those small lap pools because I’m happiest in water. And of course a big peninsula tank with a dedicated equipment room so you only see the tank; and the guys from World Wide Corals service it weekly.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%

Back